“Building skills for a more independent tomorrow.”
About the Program
The Jamestown Public Schools Transition Program is a program within James River Special Education Cooperative. The program is run through the Jamestown High School and follows their policies and procedures. This program runs from 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, following the same calendar as the public schools. The program provides a post-secondary educational choice for students with disabilities who choose to continue working on transition skills through their Individual Education Plan (IEP). Related services continue to be addressed according to needs of the individual. Therapies continue as determined by IEP. Some therapies are within the program and some are off-site.
- Must be receiving services through an IEP
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 21
- Must have completed all required credits through their high school for graduation
- Students participate in the graduation ceremony with their peers before attending the Transition Program
- Upon completion of the Transition Program, the student will receive a signed diploma