Welcome to Washington
Washington Elementary Students and Families,
On behalf of the entire staff at Washington Elementary, I would like to welcome you to the 2023-2024 school year. As your new principal, I look forward to working with parents, students, teachers, and staff to ensure a safe, learning environment for all.
We recognize that in order to be successful in school, children need support from both home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for each child’s success and want you to know that we will do everything to carry out our responsibilities. Throughout the year staff at Washington Elementary will make every effort to nurture the growth of your children in a variety of ways:
- Academically, by teaching skills required to master the North Dakota Standards in Reading, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies
- Socially, by fostering self-discipline, honesty, respect, compassion, and non-violence
- Intellectually, through developing curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking
- Emotionally, by fostering success, initiative, and positive attitudes
- Physically, through promotion of wellness and fitness
Parents and students are encouraged to review the Washington Elementary Website and download the District App where you can choose to follow Washington School, and other schools or services that are of particular interest to you and your family. In addition, we ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school
Please consider joining our P.T.O. and volunteer programs as our students greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to our school’s programs and its operations. In addition to our website, Washington Elementary School also has Facebook page with important updates and fun photos.
I encourage you to reach out to your child’s teacher or me any time you have a question or concern. Communication between home and school is vital to creating a positive learning environment for your child. I look forward to meeting the students and families of Washington Elementary and anticipate a year of learning and growing together.