On behalf of the staff at Lincoln Elementary School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2018-19 school year! As principal, I am thrilled to have the opportunity to be a part of such a progressive learning community and to work with wonderful families, students, teachers and staff. We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children achieve their highest potential.
We recognize that in order to be successful in school, children need support from both home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for each child’s success and want you to know that we will do everything to carry out our responsibilities. Throughout the year, staff at Lincoln Elementary will make every effort to nurture the growth of your children in a variety of ways:
- Academically, by teaching skills required to master the North Dakota Standards
- Socially, by fostering self-regulation, honesty, respect, and compassion
- Intellectually, through developing curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking.
- Emotionally, by fostering success, initiative, and positive attitudes.
- Physically, through promotion of wellness and fitness.
Lincoln Elementary staff utilizes the Nurtured Heart Approach (NHA). NHA focuses on the use of a positive approach to creating and maintaining a positive school culture. We recognize greatness in our students with absolute clarity. We strive to make Lincoln Elementary school the best environment to foster your child’s greatness every day!
We encourage you to review the Lincoln Elementary Website and download the District App where you can choose to follow Lincoln School, and other schools or services that are of particular interest to you and your family. In addition, we ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college and/or career
With that in mind, you are invited to be an active participant at Lincoln School. Whether you are a classroom volunteer, a member of our active PTA, special event participation, or member of one of our school communities, you are encouraged to be involved! Research on schools clearly demonstrates that parent participation in their child’s school coincides with a greater likelihood of academic success for their child.
It is our desire to keep you informed of all that is taking place at school. Up-to-date and additional information will be sent to you though our Jamestown app, emails and will appear on our school web page, Facebook page and Instagram. If you have questions or concerns that arise at any time, please do not hesitate to give your child’s teacher or me a call. I look forward to having a long and rewarding relationship with you and your family.