Wm. S. Gussner Elementary
On behalf of the staff at Wm. S. Gussner Elementary, I am happy to welcome you to the 2021-2022 school year! As principal, I am thrilled to have the opportunity to be a part of such a dynamic learning community and to work with wonderful families, students, teachers and staff. Gussner Elementary is proud to have a terrific staff and we are looking forward to a productive partnership to ensure all students achieve their highest potential.
At Gussner Elementary, we recognize that in order to be successful in school, children need support from both home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for each child’s success and want you to know that we will do everything to carry out our responsibilities. Throughout the year, the staff at Gussner Elementary will make every effort to nurture the growth of your children in these focus areas:
- Academically, by teaching skills required to master the North Dakota Standards in Reading, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
- Socially, by fostering self-discipline, honesty, respect, compassion, and non-violence.
- Intellectually, through developing curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking.
- Emotionally, by fostering success, initiative, and positive attitudes.
- Physically, through promotion of wellness and fitness.
We also recognize that in order to achieve excellence and safety for all of our students, everyone needs to closely monitor our student’s health and well-being. During these unprecedented times, Gussner will continue to serve an academic and custodial function in our community. More importantly, the staff will focus on the mental health and well-being of our students. As partners, we share the responsibility for your child’s success and health, and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning and health by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily, when healthy, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Utilizes the CDC self-checker, daily, to ensure his/her health and well-being
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college and/or career
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
Parents and students are encouraged to review the Gussner Elementary website and download the District App where you can choose to follow Gussner Elementary and other schools or services that are of particular interest to you and your family.
Please consider joining our P.T.O. and volunteer programs as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to our school’s programs and its operations.
I am looking forward to a productive and learning-filled year…thank you for your support!