School Transportation service is provided for the rural public school area students by the school district at no cost. Rural private school students may be transported if space is available.
Bus sign up MUST be completed by August 13***NO further sign up until September 1, 2020.
- Tuesday, August 11th - Last names A-L
- Wednesday, August 12th - Last names M-Z
- Thursday, August 13th - Alternative if not able to attend above date or by appointment
Special education routes which are directed in a student's individualized Education Plan (IEP)
service must also register on the above dates.
If your student(s) does not need transportation anymore, please contact the Bus Transportation Personal at the Administration Office at 252-1950. A Refund Form will need to be filled out and submitted before any remaining fee is refunded.
The Jamestown School District remains committed to providing safe and reliable transportation for our students and families. Families must be aware that school transportation is unable to ensure physical distancing is adhered to on all buses and at all times.
The Jamestown School District will enhance procedures to support safe and healthy practices on district transportation to the best of our ability.
District transportation, which is contracted through Dietrich’s Bus Service, is dependent upon drivers. COVID-19 may affect the number of drivers available to Dietrich’s and the Jamestown School District. Dietrich’s may further limit seats available to comply with their own policies on bus use. These issues may necessitate changes or reductions to district routes. Please note that these changes could occur on short notice. If necessary, the district will prioritize routes in the following order: 1) Special education routes which are directed in a student’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP), 2) Rural routes, and 3) City routes.
- Students should maintain physical distancing from other riders, particularly in instances when the riders are not from the same family group and/or are not common to each other.
On the Bus
At a minimum, masks/facial coverings must be worn in accordance with the district’s Health and Safety Plan as it relates to the current threat level. Dietrich’s Bus Service may require masks/facial covering expectations that are higher than the current threat assessment level and school district guidance.
Hand sanitizer will be available on the bus.
Windows will be kept partially open when possible to support airflow.
Students may be assigned seats to assist with contact tracing, if necessary.
Students will be asked to share seats with members of the same household.
Buses will be sanitized after every route.
- Since physical distancing on a bus is not feasible, families are encouraged to drop-off and pick-up their children at school.
- Busing may be limited in out-of-town activities. In these cases, parents may be asked to transport children to activities. As outlined in School District Policy IEAF, students are not allowed to drive to/from extracurricular activities unaccompanied by a parent/guardian without the prior approval from the Superintendent or designee.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.