Frequently Asked Questions
Amwell is now available to Jamestown 1, 24/7/365
What is Amwell?
Amwell is a fast and easy way to see a doctor. You can have video visits with a doctor anytime. It's easy to use, private, and secure. It’s free to enroll and the cost per visit is a $20 copay per visit. It is available to employees and family members covered under the Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) health plan.
What does Amwell offer?
Amwell can be used any time, day or night. It’s perfect when your doctor’s office is closed, you’re too sick or busy to see someone in person, or even when you’re traveling. It offers:
- Your choice of trusted, U.S. board-certified doctors
- Video visits using the web or mobile app
- Consultation, diagnosis-even prescriptions (when appropriate)
- Amwell telehealth visits in all states
How do I Sign-up?
Download the iOS or Android App by searching “Amwell”
Sign-up on the web at www.Amwell.com
Sign-up by phone, call 1-855-818-DOCS
What can doctors treat on Amwell?
With Amwell you can take care of most common issues like:
What is the cost?
Doctor visits on Amwell are just a $20 copay per visit
When should I Use Amwell?
Here are some common examples when an Amwell visit may be right for you:
I should probably see a doctor, but can’t fit it into my schedule
My doctor’s office is closed
I feel too sick to drive
I have children at home and don’t want to bring them with me
It's difficult for me to get a doctor's appointment
I'm on business travel and stuck in a hotel room
Can I use Amwell when I’m traveling?
Yes, Amwell is great when you’re on the road for vacation or work.
Who Are the Doctors?
Clinical services on Amwell are provided by Online Care Group – the nation’s first and largest primary care group devoted to telehealth. Doctors on Amwell:
- Average 15-years of experience in primary and urgent care
- Are US Board Certified, licensed and credentialed
- Have profiles, so you can see their education and practice experience
- Are rated by other patients, so you can review and select the doctor that meets your needs
How do I add my family members?
Here is how to enroll family members that are covered under your BCBSND health plan:
- Your spouse should create a separate account to enroll.
- Parents and guardians can add their children who are under age 18 to their account and have doctor visits on their behalf. Enroll yourself first and then add then add your child or dependent to your account.
- Children over 18 should create their own separate account.
Questions & Assistance
If you have any other questions, please call or email our support team at 1.855.818.DOCS (1.855.818.3627) or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*American Well Corp. is an independent company providing web-based medical advice including telehealth services on behalf of Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota.