School District Transportation

School Transportation

School Transportation service is provided for the rural public school area students by the school district at no cost. Rural private school students may be transported if space is available.

Intracity transportation service is not guaranteed. When available, intracity transportation is limited to those students who live 10 blocks or more from school. The cost for a family is $135.00 per semester per child for the first 2 children, $120.00 per semester for each additional family member attending school in grades K-12. These charges are to be paid in advance by the year, semester, quarter or month. The Installment Plan is an agreement between the parent(s) and Jamestown Public Schools.

Registration and payment for school transportation service will be from 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 and Thursday August 17, 2017 in the Middle School Cafeteria, 203 2nd Avenue SE, and in the High School Commons area at 1509 10 Avenue NE.  Starting August 18th registration will be at the Administration Office at 207 2nd Avenue SE. Any student not registered by August 17th will begin busing service on Monday, August 28th.

Rural students wishing transportation service must also register on the above dates and indicate a designated storm home at the time of registration.

If you choose to register after August 17th, the parent/guardian must come into the Administration Office to sign the student(s) up for transportation and pick up a Transportation Handbook. Please sign up no later than Thursday the week prior to beginning transportation service the following Monday for rural and city student(s). If your student(s) need bus service only during the winter months or your student(s) starts busing mid-year due to other reasons, you can still register on Aug 16th and 17th. We will prorate transportation fees for that student(s).

If your student(s) does not need transportation anymore, please contact the Bus Transportation Personal at the Administration Office at 252-1950. A Refund Form will need to be filled out and submitted before any remaining fee is refunded.