SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers, and industry working together to ensure America has skilled workforce. SkillsUSA helps each student excel.
SkillsUSA is a national nonprofit organization serving teachers and high school and college students who are preparing for careers in trade, technical, and skilled service occupations. It was formerly known as VICA (Vocational Industrial Clubs of America).
SkillsUSA improves the lives of America’s future workforce through the development of personal, workplace, and technical skills grounded in academics.
Chapter Information - Students from the Jamestown Chapter have won State Championships in Health Knowledge Bowl and represented North Dakota at the National Competition for the last four consecutive years in 2013-14; 2014-15; 2015-16 and 2016-17! In 2017 they also won a State Championship in Medical Terminology.
Chapter Fundraising - Students plan and organize different fundraising events throughout the school year to aid in deferring costs for state and national competitions, registrations, travel and lodging.
- Running the JVCTC store for students during the school day
- Selling “Country Meat” beef sticks in the JVCTC store
- Selling a large order sale annually of “Country Meat” Beef sticks (Currently under way – find a member or advisor if you wish to order for Christmas gifts, Football gatherings, or just because….14 different flavors are available)!
- Ghost Gram Sucker Sales – to send a spooky or nice message to someone at Halloween.
- “Country Meat” Beef stick sales during different JHS athletic events.
- Working as servers or aids at wedding receptions.
Currently students are planning a survey for JHS students to assess what kind of events they would attend, so they can plan yet this year & promote SkillsUSA & raise funds.
We have had many wonderful local business/organizational groups that have provided us with generous donations in the past. If you are ever interested in becoming a supporter of SkillsUSA – Jamestown & its amazing student group, you can contact Advisor Mrs. Fischer at 701-252-8841 or via email.
- Mrs. Fischer
- Mr. Kubat
- Mr. Thoreson
- Mr. Copeland
- President: Nyah Johnson
- Vice-President: Shania Drenth
- Secretary: McKayla Kuntz
- Treasurer: Baylee Hatlewick
- Reporter: Lauren Levin
- Parliamentarian: Lydia Ellingson
- Historian: Madelyn Reinarts