North Dakota Scholarship
Directions to Students for the ND Scholarship Application
January 2-June 2, 2017
Any student that has approximately a 3.0 grade point average – needs to meet with a counselor as soon as possible to determine if you have met the requirements for the $6,000 scholarship.
North Dakota Academic Scholarship
This scholarship is for $750 a semester up to eight semesters ($6,000 max). It is valid for up to six years after high school graduation and semesters do not have to be consecutive. The students must meet the requirements for the regular diploma and also the following:
- Math through Pre-Calculus
- Two credits of the same Foreign Language or CTE Plan of Study
- One credit in Fine Arts or Career and Technical Education
- One additional unit in any Foreign language, Fine Art or Career and Technical Education
- One credit of Advanced Placement or Dual Credit
- Students may not have a grade lower than a C and must have a cumulative 3.00 GPA
- Students must have an ACT of 24 or higher *the ACT on the state scheduled date will be paid for by JPS
North Dakota Career and Technical Education Scholarship
This scholarship is for $750 a semester up to eight semesters ($6,000 max.) It is valid for up to six years after high school graduation and semesters do not have to be consecutive. The plan of study and WorkKeys is coordinated through the Career and Technical Center. The students must meet the requirements for the regular diploma and also the following:
- One unit of Algebra II
- Two units of a CTE coordinated plan of study
- Three additional credits, two must be CTE
- A fifth credit requirement can be either a CTE, a fine art, or a foreign language credit
- Students may not have a grade lower than a C and a cumulative 3.00 GPA
- Students must have an ACT of 24 or higher or a WorkKeys score of 15 or higher *the ACT or Work Keys on the state scheduled date will be paid for by JPS
The WorkKeys test would be taken by a student who has met the requirements for the Career and Technical Education Scholarship from the state of North Dakota. Students can receive this scholarship with a 24 on their ACT or by receiving a 15 or higher.
Registration forms will be available in the High School or CTC counseling offices. The test will be given in the computer lab at the Career and Tech Center. Mr. Soulis supervises the tests. The three tests are Reading for Information, Locating Information, Applied Math. The cost is $10.00 per test or $30.00 for all three tests. This test is taken on the computer and the student will receive the results at the end of the test. The student can take all three tests at one time or individually. If a student needs to retake a test they only need to repeat the test with a score less than 5. The score needed on each test is a 5 and the scores are not averaged. Payment must be included with registration form. Mr. Soulis will consider alternate dates if these times do not work for the student. Contact Mr. Soulis at 952-4252 or via email with your request or stop in his office at the CTC.
Dates for the WorkKeys Test
Students are encouraged to sign up with Mr. Soulis at least one week prior to your preferred testing date. Generally, Monday, Thursday and Friday before or after school will be available.